Living Amazon Eco-Art School
study…teach…give-back…learn…experience…service-learning…in the Amazon
To raise awareness and educate on the many gifts of the Amazon from the natural and spiritual worlds;
and to empower the people of the Amazon and the world to conserve these gifts.
Have you always wanted to work with indigenous children on art projects? Have you a desire to learn about natural dyes and fibers from the jungle? Want to work alongside indigenous women to learn their ancient arts and crafts techniques? Looking for a service-learning opportunity?
Inspired by the spirit of the jungle, in this Amazon Eco-Art School situated in the pristine jungles of Peru, you will:
- learn ancient indigenous arts and crafts techniques from indigenous Amazon women.
- learn the plant sources of natural dyes and fibers (some of which are medicinal plants and/or food sources).
- make creative book art and other art forms using natural plant dyes and fibers…printmaking, dying, weaving.
- learn to attune to the energies of the plants as medicines and art materials.
- allow the spirit of the jungle to flow through and inform the creative art process.
- experience the rich biome of flora and fauna in this eco-immersion expedition into the Amazon.
Immersed in the mighty Amazon, the greatest expression of life on Earth, allow
your self-expression to flourish through the creative art process. All artists,
teachers, lovers of art, and college students are welcome. No previous art
experience necessary, only an open heart. Bring your art students, friends, and
colleague artists…join us!
Founder and Instructor: Mark Wangberg, MFA: Director of Art and Education for the Living Shaman Museum
Location/s: The Amazon Eco-Art School is housed at the Heliconia Amazon River Lodge
For further information about all art opportunities at the Amazon Eco-Art School: